Strategic dimensions within the plan:
Work groups that activated in the process of planning and coordination:
People and Community:
Innovative, Creative, Competitive City (ICC):
Urban Development and Spatial Planning:
Culture and Local Identity:
The Vision (sustainable future projection: 2027):
Cluj-Napoca defines its development in terms of quality of life. Cluj-Napoca will be a space for individual and collective achievement, with active citizens, a creative, complex dynamic and competitive economic environment, able to use the resources in an integrated manner and provide sustainable development of the community.
Cluj will be a model of good governance with a transparent, progressive and proficient administration, where the citizen is considered a partner of the administration;
Cluj will be a center of academic excellence where the academic environment, engaged in the life of the community, will be a source of creativity, innovation and research;
Cluj will be a European benchmark through its dynamic and vibrant cultural life, that supports experimentation and initiative. Culture will be an important factor in organizing the community, becoming the engine of social transformation and urban regeneration.
Cluj-Napoca will be a city that promotes the principles of social inclusion and territorial cohesion, ensuring the participation of the vulnerable groups in the decision making process concerning development priorities.
Cluj will be defined as a European city, the historic capital of Transylvania, a unique and intercultural community.
Cul-Napoca will be a network of interconnected communities, laboratory of social creativity, a city with young spirit, equally friendly and responsible.
Sources of Competitive Advantages for Cluj:
1. First of all, Cluj-Napoca is a university town. All the competitive advantages of Cluj binds directly od indirectly of the academic profile:
2. The city has a significant demographic dynamism:
3. Participation and involvement in the community have a generator of competitive advantage:
4. Impressive urban tradition and a complex historical heritage:
5. An increased potential of development in the cultural and creative industries area:
6. The community has developed a promising multicultural space. The atmosphere is favorable to multicultural policies and to a good practice model regarding the implementation of multicultural policies.
7. Cluj-Napoca is a center of excellence in medicine:
The contribution of this area, to the strategic objective of increasing the quality of life is essential, due to its provision of quality of care for all social categories (national and international). Because of the specialized university programs, the city presents a pole in medical research and public health, has a major potential in collaboration between universities and the private sector, and it develops a high degree of academic internationalization.
8. Cluj-Napoca is a pole of economic competitiveness, international connected:
9. The city is a national pole of growth:
Cluj-Napoca wins development opportunities (certain investments/financing directed towards the seven national urban poles of growth), but at the same time, has the role of multiplying this potential in communities and urban centers that are smaller in the polarization area, thereby creating an economically developed and competitive region.
Full article: Cluj-Napoca 2014-2020 Development Strategy